Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why do I even go to get my blood drawn on a Sunday

I went to the lab last Sunday. There is only one lab open on Sundays and it is at my least favorite location in town. More about that in a different post. But it does not make me feel comfortable and I am always hoping that the checkups don't fall on a Sunday.

Anyway, every time I go to a lab I end up being frustrated about the whole process. This time it was about the fact that I had to make decision between 2 labs (1 bought the other) and depending on which one i choose I would get faster results. The problem was that she could not tell me the price difference. How am I supposed to make a decision, so I said whatever is the fastest.(I am paying out of pocket and might get some money back)

So I called CCRM that same night asking for the result. Apparently they did not get sent in yet. I called again on Monday, same thing. I also found out that the tests are not critical for decision making to adjust my dosage.Today is Day 18 or Day 15 on Testosterone. I will continue to take Testosterone, Estrogen and Progestorone until Day 25

So...Why do I go to a lab on a snowy day on Sunday at 8 am to be told that the results don't really matter.
I have no idea how this process is going to work once I am in the middle of the critical IVF cycle and I am taking shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment